Remember back in 1994 when Amazon was primarily about selling books? Now, it’s morphed into a gigantic retailer of every product imaginable. Let’s take a look at Amazon by the numbers:
- The latest estimate (which is 2 years old now) says that Amazon has 244 million customers. 54 million of those subscribe to Amazon Prime.
- Amazon’s customers are mostly male 61% (compared to only 39% female).
- The average user spends $1500 each year at Amazon. (Is that because we get free shipping with Prime?)
- Amazon made $107 billion in gross sales last year.
- Amazon sells about 2 billion items each year.
- 51% of online consumers do most of their shopping on Amazon.
- Number of Amazon employees : 268,900.
Check out my archives!