Who doesn’t love a good gaming computer? We tested three, an Alienware 17″ laptop, the Lenovo Legion 15″ laptop and the Lenovo Ideacentre all in one. For your money, Lenovo does nearly as good a job as the Alienware, although Alienware still seems to be the “Flagship” brand everyone gravitates to.
Which one will you buy? If we could only buy one gaming computer, I think it would be one of the Lenovo systems. The Ideacentre all-in-one is more powerful, but not very mobile obviously. If you needed to travel with your computer then the laptop for sure.
Our family recently got to try out the new Alienware 17″ i7 (7th gen core) gaming laptop. (model AAW17R4-7002SLV-PUS). This machine is all that and then some. Alienware, if you are not familiar, is an off-shoot from Dell and is considered the ultimate in gaming computers.
Specs on this bad boy:
- Graphics Processor NVIDIA GTX 1060 processor
- 8GB RAM (a bit low, I would have preferred a beefier 16GB)
- 1 TB HDD (Unfortunately not a SSD, but still GREAT size)
- 17.3″ FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare 300-nits Display
- Windows 10 Operating System; Silver (we upgraded ours to 10Pro)
- 3 USB ports
- Weight, a very chunky 9.7 pounds
- Dimensions 13 x 16.7 x 1.2 inches