I like doing tent reviews. Gives me a chance to time myself putting them up, but also gives insight as to how easily they go up to others.
When looking for a tent, you need to consider:
- How many people will use this and how much stuff also needs to be stored in it?
- Will it fit my air mattress or cot?
- Is this tent good for colder weather (thicker/more insulating)?
- How much ventilation does this tent have?
- How waterproof is this tent? Does it come with a rainfly?
- How easy is this tent to assemble and collapse?
- How much room does this take up when it’s collapsed?
- Is this easy to carry around when hiking?
- How sturdy is the floor, will it rip easily?
- Do they include a carrying bag that is big enough to easily fold the tent back into?